We eat pancakes about once a week in our house. Periodically, I will try a different, proper recipe. I’ve made Gwynnies dad’s famous pancakes , and these Buttermilk/Flaxseed beauties, plus these and these. But most days, I just want to whip out something fast and thoughtless and this is where a pre-made mix comes in handy.
No one should ever buy pancake mix in a bag. It is the easiest thing to make up for the month, plus it’s preservative and additive free. I’ve used this same recipe for years and have found it to be quite adaptable. Feel free to add fruit, nuts or switch up the flour if you want to make it a little healthier.
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 cup of your pre-made mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter (sometimes I just throw this on the pan as it heats up)
- Heat a flat griddle/pan over medium-high heat. Spoon batter onto the hot griddle. When the bubbles form, flip the pancakes over. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- *I make a new batch at the beginning of each month and it makes four mornings worth of pancakes for my family of 4, with a couple of leftovers for the week.